Melbourne is an energetic, cultured and cosmopolitan city with stunning architecture, world class facilities, bustling markets and an abundance of leafy park lands. Visitors flock to Melbourne for the Restaurants, Shopping, Sports Events and the many Cultural Activities. Kids and Adults alike, will love this lively city with it's remarkable choice of family friendly attractions.
20 Things to do with the kids in and around Melbourne
1. Visit the Melbourne Aquarium and watch the sharks and stingrays swim over your head.
2. Go to the Melbourne Museum it's an innovative playground of interactive fun encompassing culture, history, and nature.
3. Visit the Melbourne Zoo, it's Australia's oldest zoo with over 350 species of animals set in lovely botanic gardens.
4. Ride on Puffing Billy the historic steam train through the stunning Dandenong Ranges.
5. Visit Healesville Wildlife Park, they have over 200 species of Australian Wildlife in their native habitat.
6. Go to Werribee Wildlife Park and join the Wildlife Safari Tour where you will see rhinos, giraffes, zebra and eland.
7. Explore the Botanic Gardens; it has a special Children's Garden, an Ornamental Lake, Rainforest Walk and a Water Conservation Garden.
8. Get lost in Arthur's Seat Maze, there are three formal mazes including one especially designed for children with tree fairies and a lock ness monster.
9. Let the kids milk a cow at Collingwood Children's farm, you will also see donkeys, horses, goats, sheep, pigs geese and ducks.
10. Take a ride on the Tram to Fitzroy, South Yarra, St Kilda, Carlton, and Richmond or around the city loop.
11. Have a picnic on the banks of the bustling Yarra River; there are lots of lovely spots near the Botanic Gardens.
12. Visit Queen Victoria Market on a Sunday, it has an outdoor café, children's rides and activities.
13. Hire at boat from the Studley Park Boathouse, paddle around and listen out for the bellbirds.
14. Ride the 100-year-old Roller coaster and the historic carousel at Luna Park, you will also discover lots of other thrilling rides.
15. Take a river cruise up or down the Yarra River, a very relaxing way to see this diverse city.
16. Go to the Melbourne Observation Deck on level 55 of the Rialto Towers Building, Melbourne's tallest building with stunning panoramic views.
17. Kick a virtual goal at the AFL Museum; you can also be part of the commentary team or host the Footy Show, great interactive fun.
18. Watch the penguins as they return from their daily fishing expeditions at the Penguin Parade on Philip Island.
19. Visit Scienceworks, a totally interactive and fun experience that brings science to life.
20. Have some fun at the St Kilda Adventure Playground on the climbing structures, ponds, trampolines, flying foxes and cubby houses.